Nebius AI is an AI-centric public cloud platform specifically crafted to serve AI models for training and inference.
Our mission is to help ML practitioners concentrate on their core jobs, while DevOps, MLOps, and infrastructure-related tasks are handled by us. The idea is to build an ML-specific cloud platform covering the entire ML lifecycle from A to Z: from data preparation and labeling to ML training and inference.
We recognize the potential of ML and AI technologies and aim to provide our future users with the perfect environment to train and fine-tune their models. We are committed to delivering the best user experience and excellent customer support.
Four development hubs:
Nebius is headquartered in the Netherlands, with hubs in Finland, Serbia, and Israel.
Data center in Europe:
Our own data center in Finland features server racks designed in-house for ML-specific high load, with power-efficient solutions, including a free-cooling system.
Our mature team of engineers has a proven track record in developing sophisticated cloud and ML solutions and designing cutting-edge hardware.
We’re looking for a an experienced Ethics & Compliance Manager, preferably with a background in e-commerce/technology, to join the Ethics & Compliance function. You will be expected to support in embedding a strong culture of ethics & compliance and responsible for Policy, Procedures, Processes and E&C Systems, Training and Awareness, Monitoring, Reporting and Supervision, Communication and Investigations.
You’re welcome to work out of our office in Amsterdam.
In this position, your responsibility will be to:
• Build and develop compliance policies, procedures, and processes in line with industry standards, best practices, and regulations.
• Monitor changes in regulations and industry standards to ensure policies remain up-to-date and effective.
• Topics include- Ethics, Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption, Sanctions, Conflict of Interest, Speak Up, Third Parties
• Support with design, implementation, and integration of E&C systems.
• Act as a liaison between IT and the service provider.
• Identify training needs across the business and develop comprehensive training on compliance topics, ensuring employees are well-informed and aware of their responsibilities.
• Monitor employee training completion rates.
• Provide guidance and support to business units regarding compliance matters, including guidance on potential risks, ethical dilemmas, and conflict of interest scenarios.
• Support and oversee compliance operations to ensure alignment with established policies and procedures.
• Support in the development of the E&C reporting process from business to Group to the Board.
• Supervise and monitor the implementation of the Ethics & Compliance Framework.
• Support in preparing the Ethics & Compliance management/board reporting.
• Develop and track key compliance performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the effectiveness of the compliance program.
• Lead and/or participate in investigations related to ethics & compliance concerns, allegations, or violations.
• Foster a culture of ethics by promoting transparent communication, ethical decision-making, and a commitment to integrity throughout the organization.
We expect you to have:
• Master's degree/ bachelor’s degree in business, law, or a related field or relevant certification (e.g., Certified Compliance & Ethics Professional) is advantageous.
• Minimum of 7+ years’ experience in compliance and ethics roles, with a strong understanding of regulations such as Sanctions & Export Controls, Anti-Bribery, and Conflict of Interest. Experience with implementation of ethics & compliance will be advantageous.
• Experience in developing and implementing compliance policies, procedures, and training programs.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret data, identify trends, and make strategic recommendations.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
• Proficiency in compliance software and systems.
• Exceptional organizational and project management skills.
• Ethical, detail-oriented, and capable of making sound judgments in complex situations.
• Proven ability to work in a dynamic and agile environment.
It would be an added bonus if you had:
Does all that sound like your kind of challenge? Then join us!