Nebius AI is an AI-centric public cloud platform specifically crafted to serve AI models for training and inference.
Our mission is to help ML practitioners concentrate on their core jobs, while DevOps, MLOps, and infrastructure-related tasks are handled by us. The idea is to build an ML-specific cloud platform covering the entire ML lifecycle from A to Z: from data preparation and labeling to ML training and inference.
We recognize the potential of ML and AI technologies and aim to provide our future users with the perfect environment to train and fine-tune their models. We are committed to delivering the best user experience and excellent customer support.
Four development hubs:
Nebius is headquartered in the Netherlands, with hubs in Finland, Serbia, and Israel.
Data center in Europe:
Our own data center in Finland features server racks designed in-house for ML-specific high load, with power-efficient solutions, including a free-cooling system.
Our mature team of engineers has a proven track record in developing sophisticated cloud and ML solutions and designing cutting-edge hardware.
We’re looking for a Senior Hypervisor Engineer to contribute to the development of our hyperscaler platform.
The Hypervisor team supports and develops the parts of the Cloud platform that directly affect the KVM hypervisor and QEMU device emulator. We understand the granular details of hardware virtualization and device emulation, paying close attention to performance and protection against untrusted code.
You will work on substantial extensions for the QEMU/KVM virtualization stack in close cooperation with the opensource community.
In this position, your responsibility will be to:
- Optimize I/O for emulated disk and network devices Integrate the hypervisor with other platform services and storage facilities for user data
- Efficiently distribute resources between virtual machines
- Improve guest system support
- Advance the cutting-edge of open source virtualization
- Provide low-level security for the hypervisor and emulator
- Provide general support, fix bugs, and monitor the upstream
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
We expect you to have:
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Fluent in C programming language 3
- 3+years of experience with Linux
- At least 3 years of engineering experience with QEMU/KVM
- General understanding of x86-compatible systems (virtual memory, interrupts, privilege rings)
- Experience writing general system code in user mode for Linux, including debugging, analysis, and optimization tools (the emulator is built on
- the user mode system process for Linux)
It would be an added bonus if you had:
- Aсcepted patches in Linux Kernel or QEMU/KVM
- Experience working with Linux kernel
- Some experience with ARMv8, including virtualization extensions
- Understanding of PCI, SCSI, and ACPI
- Experience working with the Linux kernel
- Excellent communication skills for cross-team collaboration
- Strong work ethic
Does all that sound like your kind of challenge? Then join us!